Household chemicals are definitely achievements of civilization. Today it seems difficult to keep the house clean without them. Every day we use detergents for washing the dishes, we regularly wash our clothes, clean the sink, toilet and floor. However, keeping our home clean, we underestimate the harm that chemicals can do to our health.
Detergents contain harmful substances that cause skin chafe and mucositis of eyes and nose, breathing difficulty, cough and asthma attacks, increase the risk of allergies and other diseases. Unfortunately, most of household chemicals lying on the shelves are made of toxic substances. Surface active agents in cheap detergents make cleaning simple and efficient, but also present a threat.
These substances are very difficult to wash off with water; they remain on all surfaces in your home – on floor, furniture, utensils and clothing. Some of them irritate the skin and their particles mix with dust and get into our lungs. This is especially dangerous for children, who constantly touch all surfaces and take things and hands in the mouth.